Private Equity Analyst
Search Fund Accelerator ("SFA") is an innovative private equity firm designed to optimize a niche investment model known as a Search Fund. SFA provides support and capital to entrepreneurs seeking to acquire, manage and grow a single business as CEO. Our entrepreneurs have experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity, and are alumni of top business schools including Harvard, Columbia and Yale.
Private Equity Analysts support SFA's entrepreneurs to identify and acquire a business. Analysts will learn about a variety of industries, business models, company valuation methods and research techniques. Our Analyst Program also includes frequent workshops and events.
Location: All analysts must work in our office in Boston, MA. We do not hire remote/virtual analysts.
Start Date: Immediate start or hired on a rolling basis
- Industry Generation: Identify & evaluate industry niches
- Lead Generation: Screen potential target acquisitions & interface with brokers/bankers to source opportunities
- Deal Evaluation: Analyze financial statements & business models
- Due Diligence: Conduct commercial & financial due diligence on acquisition targets
- Team Management: Lead the entrepreneur's team
The Analyst Program at SFA provides analysts with experience that is applicable in every corner of the business arena. Our alumni have continued their careers at firms such as: Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital, Bain & Co, McKinsey & Co, Deloitte, EY, JMI Equity, UBS, Silicon Valley Bank, Deutsche Bank, Loomis, Sayles & Co, Liberty Mutual, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley.
More information: http://www.searchfundaccelerator.com/analysts
The Analyst Program requires a commitment of 40 hours/week for at least 6-12 months.
- Recently graduated from university.
- At least one prior internship experience.
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- A keen interest in finance and entrepreneurship
- A strong work ethic
- A good understanding of financial statements
- A business-related major
- Financial modeling skills
- Experience in search funds or private equity
Analysts are compensated at the prevailing hourly minimum wage and are entitled to health benefits.
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Headquarters in Boston's Back Bay
- Technical & career workshops
- Mentorship from entrepreneurs
- Professionals with experience in PE, IB & consulting
- Hands-on leadership experience